Culpeper County Library Digital Collection: Recent submissions

  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2019-01-21)
    Image of the John W. Yowell Hardware store including Western Auto Associates.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2019-01-21)
    "There are still a few trees on Davis Street at this time. At left J. Messinger & Company, dry goods and clothing store, in recent years this building was a part of Newberry's. Farther east the steeple of the old Baptist ...
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2019-01-21)
    "General merchandise store of Mr. Briscoe, about 1903. It was located in what is now the west half of Lerner's. J.A. Frensley's Culpeper Bargain House succeeded Mr.Briscoe, others who later used this building were Rob't ...
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2019-01-21)
    Image of snow covered Davis Street ca. 1912.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2019-01-21)
    Photo of the front of the Bowman and Swan Farm Implement Store from Davis Street.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of Davis Street from the early 1900's.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of the Virginia Star building on Davis Street.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of J. A. Swan Jr. and Co. around 1911.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of the inside of Beckwith Green's Grocery store in June 1944.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of Davis Street looking west in the 1930's.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    "Encampment of National Guard companies from all over Virginia in the summer of 1911. It was called Camp Sale in honor of Gen. W.W. Sale, Adjt. General of Virginia, at the time. The camp was located between, what is now ...
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    "Front row from left: (4) J. M. Beckham, (5) W. P. 'Billy' Hill, (6) Wm. C. Petty, (7) H.C. Burrows, (8) John A. Holtzman, (9) R. M. Thompson, (11) J. Mortimer Newhouse. Second row: (4) Robert Clore, (6) James K. Weakley. ...
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of the Northern Virginia's Odd Fellow's Association meeting in front of the Culpeper County Courthouse on October 7th, 1925.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of the Northern Virginia's Odd Fellow's Association meeting in front of the Culpeper County Courthouse on October 7th, 1925.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    "1928, the year the Municipal Building was dedicated, Gov. Bryd, and the Marine Band, took part in the dedication. Town Council and Town Officers. From left: Z.T. George, Treasurer; Atwell Somerville; E.A. Walter, Supt. ...
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of Enterprise Newspaper and Publishing House located in the L. P. Nelson building in 1914.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of individuals in uniform and Mayor T. I. Martin.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of East Davis Street around 1910.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of the Culpeper Volunteer Fire Company in front of the municipal building.
  • No Author (Culpeper County Library, 2018-08-14)
    Photograph of the officers of the Culpeper Volunteer Fire Company in front of the municipal building in 1950.